Thursday, October 26, 2006

Why am I ill and writing essays again? And why do essays have such a dire effect upon tea (the "I honestly can't drink two cafetieres of coffee and a pot of tea in one day therefore do actually need something awful and herbal such as nettle" effect). The odd attitude towards Juno remains, and I had the fun of attempting to explain the plot of "I, Claudius" to an half asleep person the other day. Oh, a piece of advice: do not watch fall asleep watching aforementioned drama. 'tis confusing...
Now shall return to essay.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not quite a plot. More of a lovely long ramble.
I don't think I even need to sign that for you to know who I am.

1:41 PM  
Blogger pseudo bohemian loser said...

Ah, but rambling does not work on television as well, and it is difficult to explain poisoning in brief. And Derek Jacobi is WRONG!

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Derek Jacobi plays him far too dim. And he looks wrong too.

2:44 PM  
Blogger pseudo bohemian loser said...

it works very well as a distraction, just not as a faithful adaptation of the novels. Brian Blessed, however, is Augustus and if I can come up with an argument for him as an icon, he shall be one. But yes, Jacobi doesn't seem to have grasped that Claudius isn't actually a fool, looks very wrong, and there seems to be far too little of Calpurnia.

1:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home