Friday, April 27, 2007

I have returned. And my god, I think I'm turning into Enid in Ghost World- distinctive hairstyle, check, weirdly period clothes, check, heavily rimmed glasses, check. Which was the case for quite a while, but now it is combined with average job... I need a Seymour.

But, having returned, I declare: we need to adopt a country. I suggest Iceland, for the following reason: it is impossible to get there on a round the world ticket. Because only IcelandAir flies there, and IcelandAir has no alliances. Because it sulks.

I'm fairly sure that RTW tickets are something to which we should rather object, being redolent of a certain, very un-pseudo-bohemian type (M, I realise you're probably going to kill me over that). They are not included in You shall know our velocity, which is a very very iconic book.

Oh, and A.S. Byatt is possibly the triple moon goddess. As is Hilary Mantel.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do a university course that allows you to go to Iceland with them, such as my flatmate did to study all the geography related things there for a ridiculously subsidised price by the university. Unfortunately this would mean you'd have to do geography....the offical joke degree before 'media studies' was invented.

Also my mother seems to think I have to pay for her to go to iceland when I'm working to pay back for one months rent I borrowed from her. One months rent= £280, plane ticket to iceland: usually well over £600, lets say near a thousand as you said only one company flies there. Needless to say if I had known her loan shark tendancies would have such a rate of interest I would have just sold a kidney instead to raise the cash.

Sorry, in a babbling mood.

4:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's wrong with turning into thora birch, eh? Iceland is COLD. it's probably even colder than Durham. Other than that I have no objections. AS Byatt keeps tempting me away from my french. xA

2:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do psuedo-bohemain-losers really need nationlism?
t.c.d.n.g

2:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no, we need a country. But nationalism is a basic human necessity... where would Aeschylus or sophocles have been without it?

6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home